There is a general rule that you should only buy a new refrigerator when the cost of a repair is more than half the cost of a replacement. You might be surprised to learn that the average price of a refrigerator repair service is only $170.00 while the average cost of a refrigerator is between $800 and $1200. Having your appliances repaired rather than replaced makes excellent sense economically. Here are seven common refrigerator repair problems and cost-effective solutions that will not break your budget.
- No Longer Cools Properly The most common problem with temperatures is the defrost thermostat. It is most advisable to clean the condenser coils with specialty tools before replacing the defrost thermostat. You should have your coils cleaned once a year to avoid serious issues.
- Strange Or Unusual Noises: The first thing you want to do is identify the sound it makes. Is it high pitched, vibrating, buzzing, or clicking? Is the noise from within or behind the appliance? If it is inside, the culprit might be the circulating fan. If it is behind your refrigerator, it is likely the condenser fan or the compressor.
- Refrigerator Not Operating At All: Whether it is power surges, open circuits, or relays, your refrigerator can stop working altogether. Most likely, the electronic control board needs replacement. It is critical that we perform electrical tests to diagnose it correctly.
- Water Dispenser Not Working: If you do not change your filters regularly, debris and water contaminants can build up and disrupt standard If you have a newer model, there will be a sensor to remind you when necessary. If you still have issues, the water valve may be clogged or need replacement because of mineral build-up.
- Defrost Not Working: If the defrost is not working, there are a couple of possible issues. It is first necessary to test the thermostat, defrost timer, and the defrost heater assembly. If they are working, the defrost control board may not be working correctly.
- Water Dispenser Not Working:When was the last time you changed your filter? Debris and water contaminants can build up and disrupt regular If you have a newer model, there will be a sensor to remind you when it is necessary. If you still have issues, you may need a new water valve because of natural mineral build-up.
- Ice Maker Not Functioning Properly:When your ice maker malfunctions, it is essential to check the filter for clogs. Next, it necessary to turn off the water supply and test the water inlet valve to confirm it is properly working. It is possible that your ice maker motor module needs replacement. If you are not comfortable with the various mechanisms, call us for an affordable analysis.
For Greater Boston or Boston North repair needs, count on CS Appliance Service for all of your refrigerator repair needs. Our experts will quickly determine the problem and provide a cost-effective solution. Call us at (781) 953-9600 or visit us on Facebook to schedule a service call.