We repair multiple brands every day. Reliability is of importance to every one of the owners. We decided to compile a list of the appliance brands with the best and worst ratings based on Consumer Affairs complaints and Better Business Bureau ratings by consumers.
- Viking (3.9 CA Ranking / BBB: A+)
Viking has a great reputation with consumers as a top-notch appliance maker. Viking produces ranges, ovens, ventilation, refrigerators, and cookware. Issues include:
- No parts available for repairs
- Cheaper parts that do not last long
- Metal sheet cracks
- Unclear customer service information about repair rates
- Slow repair times with warranties
- General Electric (3.7 CA/ A+ BBB Rating)
GE produces refrigerators, stoves, and smart technology. The company also lists their manuals online which is of value when researching appliances. Issues include:
- Backordered parts which delayed repair
- Not cooling or freezing
- Stopped working after only a few months
- Warranty department never called back about a broken
- Microwave handle broke right after purchase.
- Broken control panel after short usage time
- KitchenAid (3.7 Rating / BBB: A+ )
KitchenAid is a major producer of kitchenware and countertop appliances including baking and cookware accessories. Customers ratings include:
- Bad customer service reviews
- Issues with broken accessories upon delivery
- Multiple issues within a year of purchase
- Re-engineered aftermarket parts
- Kenmore (3.6 CA / BBB: B+)
Kenmore has been making appliances for more than a century which is why more than 100 million homes use this brand. It prides itself on its innovative product development which is why it is a highly regarded company in the industry. Issues include:
- Repair times for warrantied appliances took too long.
- Inability to get discontinued replacement parts from the
- Poor quality and craftsmanship
- Breakage within months are several years of purchase
- Repairs were too expensive through the
- Whirlpool (2.6 CA ranking / BBB: A+)
Whirlpool makes a variety of products including kitchen appliances and washers and dryers. The company also sells parts and accessories. Issues that consumers had include:
- Door cable failed
- Ice maker failure within months of purchase
- Poor craftsmanship
- Quit working within a few years of purchase
- Frigidaire (1.9 Rating / BBB: Unranked)
Frigidaire produces a wide range of appliances including refrigerators, stoves, ranges, microwaves, and dishwashers. Reported consumer issues include:
- Ice maker leaked or broke within months of purchase.
- Wrong parts received after calling the service department
- Ink on hardware faded.
- Repair issues with warranty providers
- Water inlet valve broke within 30 days of purchase.
- Maytag (1.3 CA / B- BBB Rating)
With over a century of business experience, Maytag produces kitchen appliances, ranges, dishwashers, and washers and dryers. Issues that customers experienced include:
- Poorly built machinery
- Multiple breakage issues
- The washer has problems getting clothes clean.
- Defective Fridge Parts
If you are in the Greater Boston and Boston North area, you can count on CS Appliance Service for all your appliance repair needs. Call us at (781) 953-9600 to schedule a service call, or visit us on Facebook to learn more about appliance brands and ratings.