Dirt and grime can build up quickly on appliances, and in the washing machine, it will not only clog vital water lines, but it will lead to costly washer repairs eventually. When a washer is not working, it also prolongs the amount of dirty laundry that will be piling up, which means you are going to have to work diligently to catch it up once CS Appliance Service gets you back on track. Cut down on fiasco’s by practicing these techniques to keep your washer in optimal health.
- Wipe Down Washer Gaskets And Door
- Your washer’s door and gasket trap moisture during water cycles. It’s a great idea to use a fresh rag to clean the washing machine gasket, interior walls, and door to minimize the risk of mold or mildew growing in this type of closed environment.
- Sanitize The Inside Of A Washing Machine
- Because of the water flowing in and out of washers, it is not unusual to see or smell mildew, mold, or spots inside your washing machine and any other appliances such as your dishwasher. To permit these things from forming, it’s an excellent idea to use a commercial appliance cleaning solution or make a homemade mixture using regular household items like baking soda, bleach, and a dishwashing detergent (1-1-1/2 cup ratio).
- For a front-load washer, you can use the self-clean cycle or add hot water. If mold or spots are present, use the cleaning solution and run the appliance for one cycle.
- For top-loading machines, run a hot water cycle and use a bleach solution. Also remember to leave the door open to let any moisture dry out entirely before shutting the lid as it is the ideal environment for mildew and mold spores to grow.
- Clean Out Filters After Each Usage
- Lint filters fill up quickly during wash and rinse cycles, so you want to make a habit of cleaning them out after each use. If you notice stuck dirt and grime, take the filters to a sink and use a soft-bristled brush to remove any remaining caked-on muck very gently.
- Clean Out The Soap Dispenser Often
- You will notice that whether you use powdered or liquid washing detergents, it tends to clog up the soap dispenser. There is also the chance that things like hair and lint will make their way through the soap dispenser tray when loading the dirty laundry. Use your homemade cleaning solution or commercial-grade product along with a rag or sponge to remove any build-up or grime to ensure you won’t need a washer repair any time soon.
- Other User Actions To Follow
- After each use, perform a quick wipe down to guarantee efficiency long-term. It will also keep your washer smelling nice and fresh. You will also lower the risk of mildew or mold formation, so it keeps your family safe as well. After each use, remove any wet clothes quickly. You will also want to dry out any hardware that gets wet to avoid malfunctions.
Do you need a maintenance check or an emergency washer repair? Give us a call at 781-953-9600 for an appointment or send us a message at www.facebook.com/CSApplianceService/.